If I can pray for peace

 Sunday March 13th 2022 7:44 p.m.




Elvis Presley - If I Can Dream

 ('68 Comeback Special) 


Matthew's Beatitudes hold the well-worn saying, “Blessed are the peacemakers, for they will be called children of God

 

It's Sunday March 13th 2022 and the war continues in the Ukraine. There is news that an American journalist has been killed and that some military base has been attacked. I've heard about the devastation and it's just horrible that people are dying including children. People are also protesting in certain Nations. I believe they may have gone to some embassies. I was hoping some Street Preachers could give a word and stand for Christ and the gospel. I've just heard that Russia asked China for military help in media news. Cities have been bombed and I believe they're closing in on the biggest city in the Ukraine. I would ask Christians everywhere to pray for peace. We certainly hope this does not escalate into something that is out of control. Already it's not good. Please pray Christians.

 

You know you hear about gospel songs and I heard about that one that Elvis did and he did very well. If I Can Dream was one that he did on the 68 Comeback Special. I believe the words of the song or at least some of them came from Martin Luther's Kings speech.

 

"This song was written as a response to the assassinations of Robert Kennedy and Martin Luther King, which had happened a few months previously."  May 11, 2021

 

And so I'm dedicating this blog to peace.  I know John Lennon had a peace campaign once and Yoko Ono still runs it. It's always a good thing to promote peace because Christ said the peacemakers are blessed. Recently Sting re-sang his song Russians live because of the war conflict in the Ukraine. They say that there was tension with the prior government and there's some sort of history there. So it's not something that just developed overnight. However it's sad to hear and I've heard some of the people's testimonies of what they've been through and what they are still going through. They've had some clips posted on twitter and some have come through the news channels. It's just unfortunate and it's very sad. Pray for the Russian soldiers and the Russian people and also pray for the Ukrainian people and especially the children and mothers. 

So I'm dedicating this song of mine.. This song was recorded live originally. I used to do live praising sessions. I dedicate this to those people being hurt and killed and suffering children in the Ukraine. Please pray Christian people.



And the last here is Sting doing his song Russian as a plea for our common humanity. He has an introduction speech

Sting: «HELP UKRAINE» (2022) News of Ukraine - YouTube



John 16:20

 

“Verily, verily, I say unto you, That ye shall weep and lament, but the world shall rejoice: and ye shall be sorrowful, but your sorrow shall be turned into joy.”

King James Version (KJV)

They say that Joy is a fruit of God. That's true. Do you think the Apostle Paul always had Joy when he was shipwrecked and he was beaten then left for dead. Jesus said in this world you will have tribulation but in me you will have peace. Amen

 

It is also written.

 

38. For I am persuaded, that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor powers, nor things present, nor things to come, 39. Nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.

Sometimes you have to labour and suffer for the kingdom. If you suffer for righteousness then that is a positive thing even in the negative aspect. 



European Union visitor’s cookies may be collected by google in order to run their services. I don't personally collect any cookies. Google says "As a courtesy’s, we have added a notice on your blog to explain Google's use of certain Blogger and Google cookies, including use of Google Analytics and Ad-sense cookies, and other data collected by Google." I don't personally myself collect any cookies or have comments at this time.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dark hour of tribulation

The author and Giver of Life